March 19-24, 2018
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Call for Research Abstracts
Submission Deadline: October 21, 2017
2019 ICSPAH Conference “Promoting Health and Well-Being through Physical Activity”
April 9-10, 2019
Tampa, Florida, USA
Call for Research Abstracts
Submission Deadline: November 10, 2018
As a partner of Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America) and China Sport Science Society, the International Chinese Society for Physical Activities and Health (ICSPAH) is pleased to announce that the fifth ICSPAH Conference will be held concurrently with the 2019 SHAPE America National Convention and Exposition in Tampa, Florida, the United States from April 9-13, 2019. You are invited to submit a research abstract in areas of physical education, physical activity, physical fitness, exercise science, health, sports, recreation, sports sociology, or sports management.
1. National policies, culture, standards, and reform in physical education, health, physical activity participation and sports
2. Quality of K-12, university, and community-based programs in physical education, physical activity, and sport programs
3. Teaching effectiveness and assessment in physical education, physical fitness and health
4. Physical education teachers and coaches: problems and practices
5. Collaboration and conflict in physical education, physical activity participation, health and sport
6. School, community, and business partnerships in physical activity, physical fitness, heath and sport
7. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, equity, and inclusion issues in physical education, physical activity, physical fitness, health, and sport
8. Health-related issues and the role of physical education, physical activity, health, and sport
9. Physical activity assessment, physical activity interventions, and physical activity epidemiology
10. Psychological aspects and management, sociology, economics, marketing, communication and motivation in health, physical activities and sports.
1. Abstract Submission: November 10, 2018, 11:59 pm (Pacific Daylight Time, United States)
2. Acceptance Notification: December 14, 2018 (Double-blind peer review process will be used for abstract review)
3. Schedule Notification: December 21, 2018
4. ICSPAH Conference Date: April 9-10, 2019
5. SHAPE AMERICA Convention Date: April 9-13, 2019
Submission Instructions and Guidelines:
1. Each person may only appear as first author on ONE abstract, but may co-author as many abstracts as desired. The first author must present the abstract. If a person submits, as the first author, more than one abstract, only one abstract will be randomly selected and reviewed and all others will not be reviewed.
2. Abstracts must be written in English and the maximum length is 400 words, using Times New Roman font (size 12), single-spaced. DO NOT include tables or figures.
3. On the abstract, please include:
a) Title: No more than 15 words; use title case.
b) Presenter(s): The first and last names of the presenter(s).
c) Institution(s) and Department(s): The full name of affiliation institutions and departments
of all presenter(s).
d) Email address of the first author.
4. Preferred presentation format (Oral).
a) Abstract text: Limited to 400 words.
b) Abstract should include the sections with the titles of PURPOSE, METHOD, ANALYSIS/RESULTS, DISCUSSION, and CONCLUSION.
5. Please email the abstract as a Microsoft Word attachment tono later than November 10, 2018, 11:59 pm (Pacific Daylight Time, the United States)
6. Presentations soliciting purchase of books, materials, or services will not be accepted. People wishing to sell merchandise must purchase an exhibit booth at SHAPE America Convention.
7. Presentation format: oral presentation. Oral presentation should be made in English.
8. The 2019 ICSPAH Conference sessions will be scheduled throughout the conference on April 9-10, 2019. Please do not submit an abstract unless you will be able to present at any time during that day. Presenters must be at the presentation during the assigned time.
9. The accepted abstracts will be published on the ICSPAH Conference proceedings.
Expected Registration and Expenses
1. All presenters of the conference must register for both the 2019 ICSPAH Conference and the 2019 SHAPE America National Convention and Exposition.
2. The registration fee for an ICSPAH member is $430 for ICSPAH conference ($110) and at least one-day SHAPE America Convention ($240-$320)*. Non-ICSPAH member will pay a total of $455 for the ICSPAH conference ($135) and at least one-day SHAPE America Convention ($240-$320)*.
3. The registration fee for any ICSPAH student member will be $220 for the ICSPAH conference ($40) and at least one-day SHAPE America convention ($120-$180)*. Non-ICSPAH student member will pay a total of $230 for the ICSPAH conference ($50) and at least one-day SHAPE America convention ($120-$180)*.
Note: *: ICSPAH is currently in the process negotiating with SHAPE America to seek for a group discount for ICSPAH members to register SHAPE convention at a lower rate. The registration fee for ICSPAH events and SHAPE convention will be finalized when abstract acceptance notification is sent out.
4. All registration will take place onsite. For more registration information please visit http://convention.shapeamerica.org/. Presenters are responsible for their own expenses related to the 2019 ICSPAH Conference, including registration, all related travel, and hotel accommodations expenses.
For questions please contact:
Dr. Yong Gao
Department of Kinesiology
Boise State University
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725
Dr. Tao Zhang
Department of Kinesiology, Health Promotion and Recreation
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #310769
Denton, Texas, 76203
**All abstracts should be sent to the following email address by November 10, 2018:
Thanks to Kingway Health Company for their sponsorship!